Monday, March 9, 2009

Crooked Smiles and Mommy Toes

Like every other American teenager I had to take biology in high school and college. In those classes we learned about genetics and how there are dominate and recessive genes. When Joel and I found out we were going to have a baby we would have bet the farm that he would look exactly like me...I mean, I have every dominate feature that you could possibly think of. So we were both very surprised how much Jackson looks like his daddy. Almost exactly like his daddy, especially the eyes. I wanted to go back and tell my biology teachers that they didn't know what they were talking about.
Well even though everyone sees Joel in Jackson there is some Darci in him too. For example his hands and feet. He has the classic long skinny Banks toes. I had to take this picture to prove that I am really his mom! See how we even both have our big toes lifted, this was not planned, I didn't notice it until a few days later. I've also noticed lately that Jackson has my mom's crooked smile. I absolutely love his little crooked smile and how it reminds me of my mom. There are also a lot of my personality traits that are surfacing in Jackson, like the fact that he isn't 100% happy when he first wakes up. He needs a little extra time in the morning and after naps.
Bottom line...it is so much fun to see both Joel and me in this little baby. It is such a little miracle how it all works!

By the way, As you can see I am WAY overdue for a pedicure! I guess having children changes priorities. Don't worry though, I won't have ugly feet for too much longer. After seeing this picture I am making a point to go get one this week!

1 comment:

  1. Way to cute Darci! And yes, little boys are way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete