Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jackson's Blessing

Here is our happy family on Jackson's blessing day. Even though I didn't really have to do anything I was so nervous. I felt like I had been waiting for that day for forever and I just wanted everything to be perfect. And of course it was. Joel gave Jackson such a beautiful blessing, and the rest of the day was great. I will never forget it. We had about 30 people (family and friends) all come out for our big day. We were so glad that everyone could make it. After the blessing we invited everyone to our house for a little brunch. I wasn't sure we would all fit in our little house, but thank goodness for California weather, we were able to open the house and hang out on the patio too.



I feel horrible because I didn't get a picture with all the Wilsons that were there, but these are my wonderful in-laws. With all of my family out of state, we are lucky to have Joel's parents nearby. Marietta made most of the food for the party. I was so thankful that that was one less thing I had to worry about. Baby blessings are a lot of work!



Not only did my big bro from Utah come, but my two substitute big bros, Mike and Greg, also came with their families. It was so good to see them. They still tease me as if I was 15 but I love them. Sometimes when we get together I feel like I'm back in high school..only now we all have spouses and kids. Man, we're getting old!



I pretty much have the cutest neices in the world. Kennedy finally got to hold him at the party. Cassidee held him a lot but I didn't get a picture. She's like a little mama. And Sicily wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a picture.



After everyone left Jackson just crashed. Parties are exhausting!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Darci, this is Kim (Rachel's sister-in-law)I saw you on Rachel's blog so I had to check out your cutest little boy. He is darling, little boys are so fun, I am so happy for you.
    If you don't mind I'm gonna add you to my blog list so I can keep in touch with you. You can add us if you wanna. :) Good to see you!! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Joseph, Mike, and Greg in so long. Funny since my parents still live next to Mike's parents. Sounds and looks like you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darci!!! I am so glad to see your blog! Your family is so beautiful. How funny we are both Wilsons now.

    ReplyDelete