Friday, December 4, 2009

Catch Up Blog

OK, OK!! After getting an earful from many of you I decided it was probably time to update my blog. SO here goes.

I got a little ambitious and decided to make Jackson's halloween costume. I thought it might save me some money and I couldn't find anything I liked in the stores. Well, it cost me more than if I would have just bought one and of course I procrastinated and was sewing the night before halloween. I think it may be the first and last costume I ever make.
But he does look pretty cute!!



Here's a couple of pictures of Jackson's actual 1st birthday dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes and carrots. YUM!





A couple of weeks later we had a little party for Jackson. Here he is eating his lunch.


Opening presents...



Can you say SPOILED!! (but worth every penny :)



I know what you're thinking..."Wow, Darci you made a great cake!!" Nope its from Costco.










Who gets cake in their ear?? Really!!
I promise I will do my best to keep this up better. OH, and in case you haven't heard...Joel and I are expecting #2!! I am due at the end of April and I have my ultrasound next Friday to find out the gender. So stay tuned!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is exciting, and it explains why you haven't updated your blog in so long. Thanks for the update. I love Jackson's little suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you guys. Congrats! I also think the costume looks super cute. It may have taken more money and time but i bet he was the best dressed baby there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you made costumes! You are amazing. Did you start with a pattern or did you design it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started with a pattern and followed it best I could. Believe me if you saw it up close you'd see all my mistakes. Good thing Halloween parties are at night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on number two! its great to hear you are doing well. good job on the costumes, i made three fairies this year. I make them one year recycle one year and purchase one year, good thing i have all girls. can't wait to hear who is next for you! congrats.

    ReplyDelete